Blonde hair looks beautiful & stunning in different shades. Although it is a natural hair color, many people sort to get their hair dyed to get blonde hair tones. But there is one problem with blonde hair when they get dyed; they start to show orangey, bassy & yellow tones after a few days. This looks very weird on hair. Although most problems have a solution, the brassy & orangey hair shades can be countered with Redken Purple Shampoo.
Redken Purple shampoo is known for canceling the extra warm, yellow, or brassy hair tones. Not just this combo works to even out the hair; moreover, it conditions, moisturizes & tones the hair.
If you have are looking for an answer to ‘I dyed my hair, and it turned orange how do I fix it?‘. Then, this article will give detailed information about Redken purple shampoo & Redken color extend blondage shampoo. So let’s get started!
Redken is a brand known for making quality hair products that solve various hair problems & purple shampoo is one of them.
The Redken Purple Shampoo is considered the best purple shampoo for blonde hair with yellowish or brassy tones. On the color wheel, purple is opposite to yellow color, so it cancels out the yellow color. That’s why purple shampoo is used to even the yellow & brassy hair tone.
Let’s get to the specifications of Redken Purple Shampoo!
Redken Color Extend blondage color depositing Purple Shampoo
Best to even out Brassy Tones
- Brand – Redken
- Volume- 1000 ML
- Hair – All hair types
- Treats blonde & highlighted hair.
- Customer Ratings – 4.6 Stars
- Environment-friendly Products
When one gets their hair colored to blonde, the problem of orangey, yellow, or brassy tone hair often starts to appear. But, for every false hair tone, there is opposite hair toner. For yellow & brassy hair tones, purple or violet tone-based products are used; for red hair tone, a green tone is used to even out the color.
Moreover, in yellow & brassy hair tones, different shades of purple or blue are used. Mainly, purple-based shampoo or toners are used & one of them is Redken color extend blondage shampoo.
This shampoo is the best purple shampoo for blonde hair to clear out the brassy, warm yellow tone from the hair cuticles.
If you generally have the problem of frizzy hair, then you should read our article Redken Frizz Dismiss Products To make Hair Frizz-Free! to get a solution for frizzy hair.
How the Redken Purple Shampoo works?
You may know that purple & yellow colors are complementary colors to each other & the complementary colors cancel each other. Due to this reason, when blonde hair starts to develop yellow or brassy tones, purple shampoo is used.
The Redken purple shampoo actually gets to the hair cuticles & then works on the yellow color particles in the hair cuticles. So the shampoo first even out the yellow colors & then washes away with water, making hair look better & without any brassy, yellow tones.
How to Use Redken color extend blondage shampoo?
In order to get the best hair results & eliminate all the brassy tones, you should apply the shampoo to wet hair & leave the hair for 3-5 minutes. Then, rinse the hair with water. After using the shampoo, use the conditioner & afterward apply the hair mask.
Try the process for 2-3 in a week & you will get beautiful, shiny & smooth blonde hair.
Redken Color Extend Blondage Color Depositing Purple Conditioner
Redken Color Extend Blondage Express Anti-Brass Hair Mask
Benefits of Redken Purple Products
- Even out the Brassy TonesThe most important work of this purple shampoo is to even out the brassy tone & make hair look better.
- Make highlighted color better.The shampoo is known for working on blonde & highlighted hair to make them look better.
- Hydrates hairThe purple conditioner & mask provides moisture to the hair so that hair don not get damaged.
- Easy to useApart from using toners, the shampoo is easy to use & does not require any professional help to remove brassy tones from hair.
- Fas ResultsThe shampoo, conditioner combo gives fast results & show improvement in just one-time use.
- 10k+ RatingsBecuase of its good results, the shampoo has 4.6 stars from more than 10k+ customers.
Redken vs Matrix Purple Shampoo
Redken is not the only company to make Purple shampoo for brassy hair; there are other good brands too. One of them is a matrix, which has its own purple shampoo & that too has a good number of reviews & ratings. But the matrix has 31k+ ratings, so it isn’t easy to decide which is the best purple shampoo. But a versus will definitely answer!
- This shampoo is great in treating Brassy yellowish hair.
- This shampoo is pH balanced to gently work on the hair.
- Works on highlighted & blonde hair.
- This shampoo comes in a combo of three products.
- All three products, cleanse, hydrate & condition the hair.
- This shampoo has more than 10k ratings at 4.6 Stars.
- Matrix shampoo is great in treating yellowish blonde hair.
- Not specified about the pH balance.
- Works on highlighted, blonde & silver hair.
- The conditioner & mask comes with this shampoo too.
- It works to give all round protection to hair.
- It works in just one go & show better results.
- This shampoo has more than 31k ratings at 4.5 Star.
Both purple shampooed are best in eliminating yellowish & bassy tones. But if we have to choose one, then we will go with Redken Purple Shampoo because of its pH-balanced formula & the combo that takes care of the hair. So in the battle of Redken vs matrix purple shampoo, Redken Shampoo wins & can be called as Best purple shampoo for blonde hair.
When we personally used this product after getting the wrong blonde to see the shampoo results, we found the shampoo to work fast & remove the most brassy tone in just one go. Moreover, to get better results, we used conditioner & mask, & they too work well and make hair softer, shinier.
We definitely recommend you to buy the Redken Shampoo to treat your brassy hair.
This was all about Redken Purple Shampoo. You should definitely use this product if you have bad blonde hair coloring or keep the blonde hair looking good.
We hope you found this article informative & helpful. Please let us know your thoughts on this article in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!