Wella toner is a liquid that will turn your brassy hairs into beautiful and colorful strands. It is simple and easy to use. Believe it or not, it is a fantastic toner for your hair. Tonners are a superb way to make your coats look better. However, choosing a select shade according to your hair and applying tonner incorrectly depends on your practice. Hair tonners are like color correctors for your hair. It will give your desired color to your hair.
Wella tonner is one of the best tonners which will give your hairs new and fresh looks. You can easily change your hair color with a Wella tonner. Yes, it isn’t apparent to use the Wella tonner, but luckily, we are here with all information about how to use the Wella tonner.
How to Choose a Wella tonner
- Select T15, T11, T27, or T35
You can use T15, T11, T27, or T35 of Wella tonner if you have darker hair. For example, you will have a lot of orange strands if the natural color of your hair is black, brown or you dye it like blonde. Also, you can use these shades if your hairs have that’s light but not quite platinum.
You have to wait for a few weeks to color your hair like a blonde with medium color. Then apply a lighter tonner and tone your strands like T10, T18, T14, or T28. Now your hair has become capable of picking platinum shade more effectively as orange shade has been come out.
You can view these shades in Wella tonner’s hair color chart.
2. For ash blonde color
If you want ash-blonde color for your hair, choose T10, T18, T14, or T28. If your hairs already have a lemony blonde shade, then these lightest whitest shades are best to give your hairs platinum color. Use a softer tone and wait if your hairs have still a brassy and orange appearance because it will not become strong enough to give your proper hair shade.
3. 10 volume with a darker color
If you use ten volumes with the darker color, you can open up the cuticle. Hence, you will pick the color correctly and efficiently. If your tonner is unclear, then ten volumes are most suitable for you. Moreover, it will also help you to get rid of only mild brassy tones.
4. 20 volume developer
Always select 20 volume developer of Wella tonner for the darker orange shade of hairs. It will lighten up your hair shade and cut out cuticles from your hair. It will be a great selection if you properly color your hair in a very light blonde shade or have more orange hair.
Do not apply high volume Wella tonner like volume 30 or 40 at home; it can seriously damage your hair. It can only be safe if the professional colorist applies it.
5. Purchase Wella tonner online
You can purchase Wella tonner online from online sites like Amazon or Flipkart. It would be best to buy Wella tonner online. You can also buy it from the local hair salon or beauty store.
Quick Link: french braid hairstyles
How to apply Wella tonner
Basic instructions one should know for applying Wella tonner:
- For the fast result, use the Wella tonner right after bleaching. It will work best after bleaching because it will help to lighten the darker strands.
- Wash your hair with shampoo properly to remove the bleach from your hair. Do not apply conditioner if you will toning immediately.
- You can apply Wella tonner after bleaching; there is no issue.
- Leave your hair a little wet after soaking your hair with a towel. Next, scrunch a towel to make your hair dry. Leave them a bit wet so that it would be easy to apply Wella tonner.
- Use disposal gloves so that the tonner will not contact your hands, and you will prevent your hands from staining. Unfortunately, it can also stain your clothes, so wear an old piece of clothes while applying a tonner.
Step by step process to apply Wella tonner:
- Mix the one part of the tonner and two-part developer in a bowl. Use an empty bottle. Fill it with the developer twice and pour it into the bowl. Do this in the case of long hair. If you have shorter or shoulder-length hairs, use half of the tonner and twice of its developer.
- Clip the half layer of your hair upwards. Leave the bottom layer to hang out. You can do this by hairband or plastic clip. The bottom layer of hair is brassy and has more orange hairs than other parts of the hair. So it is a fantastic spot to start with your Wella tonner.
- Use a brush to apply a tonner on the layer, starting from one side with a small section of hairs. Apply the tonner from tip to root. Once the strands are fully toned, they will look darker. Take the help of a mirror so that you would not miss any section.
- Repeat the process with another layer. Next, unclip your hair and take another layer to tone. Repeat the process until you have toned the top layer.
- Apply tonner more efficiently to the back of the head and roots. Covering these sections with a brush is difficult, so use your hands covered with plastic gloves.
- Leave your hair for 20 minutes; it will start appearing blue or purple. However, they will not look like this after washing them.
- After this, you have to wash your head and scalp your head with a conditioner. It is recommended to wait for 24 hours to see the final result.
Wella tonner: Tips to maintain your hair color
If you want to maintain your hair color after using Wella tonner, apply the given tips below:
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo. Rember, do not wash them more than twice a week.
- Try to wash your hair with “purple shampoo” twice a week.
- Before ironing your hair, use a heat protectant.
- Use hair gloss every month.
- Wash your hair after and before going to the pool.
- Apply Wella tonner every 5-6 weeks to maintain the color of your hair.
Why choose Wella tonner?
Wella, creators, are excellent. They have been creating different [products for 130 years. They generate every product so superb, whether it is shampoo or tonner. With Wella, many people get salon-like results at home. In addition, Wella provides you with different shades available for your hair. That means there is a 95% chance that you will find your desired hair color in the Wella collection. We cannot compare Wella with another because of its quality.
Learn Something: Babylights vs Highlights
You can apply Wella tonner to change the color of your hair. It will give your hair new color and look. For example, if you want to eliminate the orange hue from your hair, use Wella tonner to neutralize the brassiness. The process of using it may be a little confusing, but it is straightforward. Wella tonner act as a color corrector for one’s hair. If you find strange orange hairs among your hairs, you can color correct them with a Wella tonner.